Halloween at Gröna Lund

In 2017, I worked with Arclight AB on the Halloween event project for Gröna Lund (the amusement park in Stockholm).
Since a lot of big sculptures was to be created the safety aspect was critical. The sculptures needed to be securely placed and constructed. I came up with the idea to laser scan the positions where the scuptures was going to be placed. I also used VR and Unity to see how the 3d models would look like in the right scale so I could optimize the modeling. Not only did my workflow simplify the work for everybody involved but it also made the creative process more exiting.

   
So, I 3D scanned both large environments(Faro) and small claymodels(ArtecSpider). Then I 3D modeled several sculptures in Zbrush and Maya with the 3d environment as reference in the 3Dscene to get all the parts in the right scale and position right away.
(See clips and pictures below), measuring of 3D-model parts for construction.

Sculpting the clown directly on the 3D scan.

Sculpting the Mexicans directly on the 3D scan.
Right size and useful info from the location in the scanned scene.


Measuring parts. Scale 1:1
Since I had scanned the roof it was easy and fast to add the 3dscanned element in the 3D scene,
check the apropriate size of the spider and tree etc.

Another assignment for Arclight in 2019.
Laserscanning at Liseberg and 3D modeling on mesh converted laserscans. 

laserscan & 3D modeling on scan mesh

Aligned laserscans of the whole "Valkyria" area at Liseberg.

Kommentarer

Populära inlägg